Our Airport Ambassadors
A Brisbane Airport Ambassador's role is to roam all levels of the International Terminal, assisting with questions or directions and to operate the Visitor Information Centre at the Domestic Terminal.
Qualities of our Airport Ambassadors:
- Exceptional Customer Service ethic
- High standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be empathetic to visitors from a variety of cultures and countries, the young, the elderly and everyone in between
- An outgoing, friendly personalityGood communication skills, including Computer skills
- Reliability and dedication to the program and its goals
- Ability to meet the physical aspects of the role
- Good knowledge of Brisbane city, South East Queensland and Australian Geography
- Love of Airports (particularly Brisbane Airport!)
- Must be an Australian Resident
The Ambassadors are required to work at least one four hour shift per week and commit to 12 months with the Program.
Rostered hours are:
International Terminal: 7am – 11am and 4pm – 8pm 7 days per week
Domestic Terminal: 7am – 1045am, 1045am – 2.45pm and 2.45pm – 6.45pm Monday to Saturday
8.15am – 1215pm Sunday
Open all public holidays subject to staffing availability
Our Ambassadors take time to talk to and assist travellers and the public by providing information about airport services, helping with ground transport and suggesting local attractions for visitors.
- Get to meet many interesting visitors and colleagues
- Free Airtrain transfers to the airport
- Uniform shirt and name badge
- Outings, on-going seminars and functions
- Ongoing training
- After a probation period, free airport parking whilst on duty, compensation for travel expenses
The Program is an initiative of Southern Queensland Tourism Pty Ltd and BAC and holds Visitor Information Centre accreditation with Tourism Queensland.
NOTE: To register your interest in the Airport Ambassador Program, please email the Manager at ITB.Ambassador@bne.com.au or call (07)34063205.