What to do while in Transit
Take advantage of FREE access to Wi-Fi in the following locations:
- All areas
Domestic Terminal Central Area:
- Central area of the terminal.
*Note Qantas and Virgin manage and operate their gate areas of the terminal.
- Brisbane Airport’s new BNE Service Centre just off Moreton Drive.
- Skygate, The Circuit. Just off Airport Drive.
- Relax in our award winning departures lounge, complete with comfortable sofas, local television, free Wi-Fi, writing desks and a line-up of world-class of shopping, restaurants and cafes. Enjoy duty free shopping!
Or, catch the free TBus and head for Skygate, located just 10 minutes from the Terminals. Skygate is a bustling market place filled with restaurants, bars and cafes and the best in fashion and accessory outlet shopping at DFO. Or visit the Discovery Centre located in the heart of Skygate and learn more about how Brisbane Airport operates. The TBus leaves regularly from Level 4 of the International Terminal.
Head to the Service Centre for some free WIFI and a food court offering a great range of takeaway and dine-in options. There are Flight Information Display Screens (FIDS) with up-to-date arrivals and departures information so you can sit back and relax with a coffee while you wait. The Coffee Club, Subway, Sushi Mi and Airport Kebabs are all on the menu at the dine-in food court eatery, as well as Hungry Jack’s and KFC, both with drive-thru windows. There is also a 24-hr Shell Coles Express and McDonald’s next door. Located just off Nancy Bird Way, the BNE Service Centre is just minutes away from the terminals by car or taxi.
Take a moment and enjoy a deep tissue massage for just a few gold coins. Located at multiple destinations around International and Domestic terminals as well as Skygate, you'll never to far from your next massage! Find further details HERE
- Catch the free TBus and head for Skygate, located just 10 minutes from the terminals. Skygate is a bustling market place filled with restaurants, bars and cafes and the best in fashion and accessory shopping at DFO. Or visit the Discovery Centre located in the heart of Skygate and learn more about how Brisbane Airport operates. The TBus leaves regularly from Level 4 of the International Terminal.
- Head to Golf Central BNE (5 minutes down the road) for a round of Putt Putt or hit some balls at the driving range. There is also a bar/cafe available. Further details here
Catch the free TBus and head for Skygate, located just 10 minutes from the terminals. Skygate is a bustling market place filled with restaurants, bars and cafes and the best in fashion and accessory shopping at DFO. Or visit the Discovery Centre located in the heart of Skygate and learn more about how Brisbane Airport operates.
The TBus leaves regularly from Level 4 of the International Terminal.
Board the Airtrain ($32 per adult return, kids aged 5 -14 years travel free - up to 15% discount if booked online) or the Con-x-ion shuttle bus and discover the delights of Brisbane City.
Within 25 minutes of leaving Brisbane Airport you can be strolling down Queen Street Mall in the heart of downtown Brisbane and amongst the best shopping you will find in Queensland.
Nearby are the Brisbane Botanical Gardens, South Bank Parklands and the Brisbane River.
For something a little more adventurous, hire a bicycle and ride throughout the city, or catch a City Cat and explore the Brisbane River getting on and off wherever you please.
For more information visit www.visitbrisbane.com.au
- With eight hours between flights you can enjoy a City Sights Tour where you get off and on at leisure exploring Brisbane’s famous landmarks. Alternatively, a half-day guided City Sights Tour will give you a great overview of Brisbane as well as some added extra attractions.
- If you’re feeling adventurous why not custom design a day of sightseeing and let your own personal driver do the rest – visit world famous Australia Zoo, explore the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, or take in the pristine beaches of the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast.
- If you are over-nighting in Brisbane, consider our 4.5-star on-airport hotel the Novotel Brisbane Airport. With well-appointed comfortable rooms, restaurants, swimming pool and all the features of a world-class hotel welcome you and it’s located just minutes from the terminal.
For these and many other options and itineraries, simply visit Southern Queensland Visitor Information Centre, located on Level 2 of the International Terminal.
Lockers are available at the International Terminal on the ground floor at the entrance to the public car park.
Lockers are available at the Domestic Terminal outside the Virgin & Qantas Terminals.
There are also lockers located at Skygate.
International, Domestic Terminal & Skygate
- The cost for luggage lockers is determined by locker size (see table below)
- Payment types – credit cards, Australian currency
- The service is available 24 hours a day
- Lockers are single use only
A limited number of lockers are available at Skygate, which is located six kilometres from the Domestic Terminal and three kilometres from the International Terminal, and accessible by the orange TBus. They are located to the right hand side of the Woolworth's supermarket entrance. Lockers are available from Monday to Friday between 7 am and 10pm and Saturday and Sunday between 7.00am and 7.00pm. It is not possible to reserve a locker.
Lockers are coin & Card operated. For further information, please contact Smartecarte on 1800 808 251.
If you are flying internationally with Qantas and wish to send your luggage ahead as unaccompanied baggage, proceed to the Qantas unaccompanied baggage counter, located at Level 4 of the International Terminal. For enquiries call 1300 368 747.
How does it work?
To connect, you must have WiFi connectivity enabled via the network settings on your device. You can then select the BNE Free WiFi service from the network settings and start browsing. Then click on opening safari to connect and accept the terms and conditions.
When you connect two pages will display:
- Scroll to the button that has 'Accept terms and conditions' and click accept.
- Login page - which has terms and conditions as well as a login button for 3 hour of free web browsing (note there is a 500mb limit per user).
Passengers using the free WiFi Service are anonymous to the BAC network.If an issue arises and you cannot access the WiFi service then the following details should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Device type (i.e. iPhone 4S, HTC ONE)
2. MAC address or IP address of the device
3. The time the issue was encountered
4. What is occurring (i.e. when a person has selected the home page, the person is required to select a package and cannot use the WiFi service)
5. Contact details (Name, phone number email address)
Problems with WiFi are resolved as a best effort for the free service.