Brisbane Airport is a diverse and complex operation and sometimes it is easier to let the numbers do the talking.
BNE Airport by the numbers
- Brisbane Airport operates 24/7.
- 23.2 million passengers transited through Brisbane Airport in 2017.
- We are the largest airport by land size in Australia and have our own suburb - 4008.
- On airport land there are 480 businesses that employ more than 23,000 people. In 2034, this number is expected to exceed 50,000.
- By 2034, $8.2 billion is expected to be contributed to the Queensland economy each year from airport operations and projects.
- Voted by passengers as the Best Airport in Australia / Pacific 2016 and 2017 at the Skytrax World Airport Awards.
MORE ABOUT BAC
Aviation Fast Facts
- The Domestic Terminal has the most connected network in Australia with routes to 52 destinations with 17.4 million passengers a year.
- The International Terminal has connections to 32 global destinations including New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America, Fiji and Indonesia and is used by 17.4 million passengers a year.
MORE AVIATION STATISTICS
Quick facts about Brisbane's New Runway
- Total cost of the project is around $1.3 billion
- 90% of project employees live in South East Queensland
- Up to 675 people working directly on the project during peak period
- 3.3km of runway with 12km of taxiways
MORE NEW RUNWAY FACTS